Dr. Monique Aucoin
About Dr. Monique Aucoin
Doctor of Chiropractic/Owner
Dr. Monique Aucoin has been a Chiropractor located in the heart of downtown Halifax since 2008 helping people to achieve their best optimal health. Over the years, Dr. Aucoin and her husband Chad have created a multi-disciplinary clinic with a team of health care experts who have one goal in mind: to get you better and to keep you functioning at your best. Some of our clients call our team the “Maritime Connection”!
Dr. Aucoin attended Dalhousie University where she studied Kinesiology and furthered her studies at the Canadian Memorial Chiropractic College graduating with a doctorate degree in Chiropractic. She grew up in Moncton, NB, lived in PEI and now makes her home Halifax, NS. Over the years she has been widely involved in the health industry as a Certified Personal Trainer, aerobics and Yoga instructor. In addition to completing her chiropractic degree, Dr. Aucoin has taken further training in different Chiropractic techniques listed below.
Dr. Aucoin is a member of the Council of Nova Scotia College of Chiropractors, the Canadian Chiropractic Association and the International Chiropractic Pediatric Association. From Dr. Aucoin’s Acadian background, she is fluently bilingual. Dr. Aucoin is a big believer in a well balanced life, including good nutrition, exercise, relaxation and regular Chiropractic care. In her spare time, Dr. Aucoin loves spending time skiing, being a hockey mom, and hiking with her two girls, Molly & Julia, her husband Chad and their dog Buddy!
- Pediatric Chiropractor (Chiropractic care for babies and kids) – Certification by the Academy of Chiropractic Pediatrics (CACCP designation)
- Webster Certified (Chiropractic care during pregnancy)
- Denneroll/Scoliroll (Posture Correction)
- Functional Neurology of Chiropractic
- OTZ Technique
- Spine Align Technique (Instrument adjusting)
- Activator Technique (Instrument adjusting)
- Thompson Technique (Drop piece adjusting)
- Bioflex Laser therapy
- C.A.T.S (Cranial Adjusting Turner Style)
- Traditional Chinese Medical Acupuncture